The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry is taking the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The health and well-being of our staff and clients is our primary concern. Please note the following:
What to expect from SDG staff at your site visit:
- Only staff who have passed our self-screening health assessment will be permitted to report to work.
- During your site visit staff will always maintain a minimum distance of two metres (six feet).
- Staff will not be accepting any paperwork from you during a site visit. Please utilize electronic means for any submissions.
- If a staff member becomes symptomatic for COVID-19 soon after your visit, you will be notified.
What we expect from our clients:
- Limit the site visit to only those essential to be in attendance.
- Always maintain a minimum distance of two metres (six feet) from staff.
- If you are not feeling well, please cancel your appointment. We will be happy to reschedule with you at a future date.
- Practice respiratory etiquette by sneezing or coughing into your sleeve or armpit if required.
- If you become symptomatic for COVID-19 shortly after your site visit, please contact our office so we can determine appropriate workplace protocols related to potential COVID-19 exposure.
SDG planning review fees are set out in the County's Tariff of Fees By-law and include an initial application fee of $1,215 as well as an additional fee of $220 to stamp deeds and issue final consent.
If your property has frontage on a County Road there is a $210 fee for the County Engineer's review and comments on your application. This fee is required at the time you submit your application.
The County collects the review fee for the Conservation Authorities; their review is required under the Planning Act. The Authorities' fees are set out by their Board of Directors. The fee must be paid when the application is submitted, and is only payable by cheque. The fee is collected up-front to ensure that your application is reviewed in a timely fashion, and to avoid unnecessary delays. The amount of the fee depends on which area you are in. Please confirm the Conservation Authority fee with the County Administrative Assistant-Planning.