Mailboxes can be damaged by a snowplow in two ways:
- From snow coming off the plow. The mailbox will not be replaced by the County.
- From being physically struck by plow. The County will replace your mailbox.
What to do if your mailbox is damaged
- Check to see if the mailbox was struck by the snowplow (look at the edge of the snow bank relative to where the mailbox was located);
- If the snow coming off the plow caused the damage to the mailbox; the owner will have to repair it;
- If the snowplow wing hit the mailbox, take some pictures of the snow bank and mailbox and contact Transportation and Planning Services. A staff member will come and visit at our first available opportunity (during business hours).