About the Counties
The United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry (SDG) is a region steeped in history and traditions that harken back to the founding of Ontario. We are a region that prides itself on openness, hard work and success.
SDG has a population of more than 65,000 and was formally established in 1850 - 17 years before the birth of our nation. We border the province of Quebec to the east and New York State to the south. Our neighbours include the City of Cornwall, the Mohawk Nation of Akwesasne, the United Counties of Prescott-Russell and the United Counties of Leeds-Grenville.
SDG is an upper-tier government that includes six local municipalities. Our 12-member Counties Council includes two representatives (mayor and deputy-mayor) from South Stormont, North Stormont, South Glengarry, North Glengarry, South Dundas and North Dundas.
Counties Council meets the third Monday of each month.
What we do
Our departments cover a variety of Counties services:
- Transportation and Infrastructure: Transportation and Planning Services is responsible for the County's road and bridge infrastructure, vehicles and rolling stock, and land use planning services, including plans of subdivision and severances.
- Planning: Planning Services maintain and update the County Official Plan in consultation with local Municipalities. The Official Plan ensures effective management of growth and development within SDG through a broad policy framework.
- SDG Library: The SDG Library offers print, audiovisual, and digital resources for its members, and access to information, opportunities for self-guided learning, recreation and program activities for residents of SDG. Visit one of our 15 branches.
- Court Services: The Provincial Offences Act (POA) court at our County Administration Building in Cornwall governs offences covered by the Highway Traffic Act, as well as liquor license violations, trespass to property, etc.
- Economic Development: SDG is proud to be a member of the Quebec City-Windsor mega-region that is home to more than 20 million people and more than half a trillion dollars in annual economic output.
- Corporate Services: The Corporate Services Department provides management services to all Counties departments, employees, communications, council, and committees.
- Financial Services: The Financial Services Department provides a broad range of accounting services and support to all County Departments, employees, Council and Committees.
Do you have feedback for us?
We want to hear from you. The form below contains instructions specifically for processing complaints and feedback. If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Director of Corporate Services at 613-932-1515 ext. 203
Please Note: We do not take anonymous concerns. All concerns and complaints must be completed with name, date, email, address and phone number provided.