THE COUNTIES, Ontario - Ontario Renovates is a forgivable loan / grant program for low-to-moderate income homeowners in Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry. This program is being delivered with funding from the federal and provincial governments.
This program provides financial assistance in the form of:
A 10-year forgivable loan to make essential home repairs, and/or
A grant to increase a homeowner's accessibility (up to a maximum of $12,000 including $5,000.00 for accessibility and approved administrative costs.
Your home must be in the City of Cornwall or the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry. Funding is not available for work that is already started.
Other eligibility criteria include but are not limited to:
- household income limits
- house values
Funding takes the form of a forgivable loan without interest.
Ontario Renovates is for necessary repairs to:
- townhouse/row house
- mobile homes (where the home is not located on leased land)
It is not intended for cosmetic repairs or general maintenance.
In order to apply for Ontario Renovates, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of residency at property
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment 2021
- Home Insurance documents
- Property Value Assessment (MPAC, tax bill)
- Municipal Taxes up-to-date
- Mortgage up-to-date
- No Mortgage (if applicable)
- Medical note (for accessibility modification requests)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be the owner of the single-dwelling home and it must be the owner's sole and principal residence in Cornwall Stormont, Dundas or Glengarry with an MPAC Assessment for the current year at or below $300,900.
- Meet income limits listed below (based on line 23600 of your 2021 Income Tax Notice of Assessment)
Household of 1: $45,470
Household of 2: $54,115
Household of 3-4: $61,715
Household of 5+: $67,120
The program will be available to first-time applicants only unless you qualify for an accessibility repair. In those cases, your application will need to be assessed further to determine eligibility.
What are the eligible home repairs?
- heating systems (including hot water tank replacement)
- doors and windows