THE COUNTIES, Ontario – The United Counties of SDG administration building in Cornwall has reopened to the public with specific protocols to ensure physical distancing and other COVID-19 mitigation measures are followed. The building is open from 8:30 a.m. to noon, and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
The administration building was shuttered earlier this year to protect against the spread of the pandemic. Staff continued working remotely until this spring when they then returned to the building.
Visitors to the Counties Administration Building must:
- Wear a mask.
- Sanitize hands upon entry with the provided sanitizer.
- Follow hand and respiratory etiquette while on-site.
- Practice two-metre physical distancing.
- Be courteous and yield to others in close quarters.
- Limit the number of visitors to only those required to be present.
- Pay with a card instead of cash, when possible.
- Remain home if showing signs of illness, awaiting COVID-19 test results, or if you have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19.
“These protocols will protect our visitors, staff and others while helping to stamp out the spread of COVID-19,” said CAO Tim Simpson. “We will continue to evaluate our protocols and make changes as required.”
Because the building is now open to the public, the lockbox used at the main entrance for drop-offs has been removed.
Counties Council is meeting in-person at the administration building, but due to space limitations only staff are allowed in the council chambers at the same time. All Counties Council meetings are streamed live on YouTube.