About the County Official Plan
- Provides policy framework for planning decisions and development in the County and local municipalities
- Approved by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) on August 18, 2006
- Serves as the Official Plan for the lower tier municipalities in SDG
- Designates lands for uses like residential, employment, commercial, etc.
- Is exempt from Ministry approval for Official Plan Amendments
Official Plan Documents
A comprehensive list of all Official Plan Schedules and Amendments can be found in the Official Plan Document section
- The County is currently reviewing the Official Plan under Section 26.1 of the Planning Act to ensure we are up-to-date with new legislation and reflect the needs of SDG. A draft official plan is being prepared for public consultation in Summer 2016.
Please see the Official Plan Review and Update page for more information.