About the County Official Plan
Municipalities develop official plans to set out goals and rules to govern growth and development. In SDG, this plan is approved by the province. Official plans are implemented locally through tools like zoning by-laws, site plans, and plans of subdivision.
- Provides policy framework for planning decisions and development in the County and local municipalities
- Approved by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) on August 18, 2006
- Serves as the Official Plan for the lower tier municipalities in SDG
- Designates lands for uses like residential, employment, commercial, etc.
- Is exempt from Ministry approval for Official Plan Amendments
Official Plan Documents
A comprehensive list of all Official Plan Schedules and Amendments can be found in the Official Plan document section
- The County is currently reviewing the Official Plan under Section 26.1 of the Planning Act to ensure we are up-to-date with new legislation and reflect the needs of SDG. A draft official plan is being prepared for public consultation in Summer 2016.
Please see the Official Plan Review and Update page for more information.