The new SDG Official Plan was approved on February 4, 2018. The Plan is currently within the 20-day appeal period.
The deadline to file an appeal is February 27, 2018.
Notice to residents: The Official Plan was approved with modifications. These modifications may have changed the designation of your property (ex. from Rural to Agricultural). The designation could impact the future use of your property. You will find the modifications and maps here.
We are preparing letters to property owners who were subject to Ministry modifications which will provide more information. The County and local Municipalities are also looking into preparing an appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board for many of these changes. Should you wish to join the County in appealing changes to you property you can direct your appeal to:
Planner, Community Planning & Development
Municipal Services Office - Eastern Ontario Region
8 Estate Lane
Phone: (613) 545-2118
Fax: (613) 548-6822
The process and fees for appealing a new Official Plan can be found here. You can also contact our office or your local Municipality for more information.
Municipalities develop official plans to set out goals and rules to govern growth and development; this plan is approved by the province. Official plans are implemented locally through tools like zoning by-laws, site plans, and plans of subdivision.
- Provides policy framework for planning decisions and development in the County and local municipalities
- Approved by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) on February 4, 2018
- Serves as the Official Plan for the lower tier municipalities in SDG
- Designates lands for uses like residential, employment, commercial, etc.
- Is exempt from Ministry approval for Official Plan Amendments