Below is a list of resources for residents, employers and employees that can be used while we all work through the COVID-19 outbreak. Click on any of the agencies listed to access information on their programming.
LOANS, FINANCING, MENTORING
- Cornwall and the Counties Community Futures Development Corporation
Small business loans, extensions and new funding opportunities. (Cornwall and the Counties Community Futures Development emergency loan program and application. The forms can be found at the bottom of this page.)
- Business Development Bank of Canada
Support for entrepreneurs impacted by COVID-19.
- Export Development Canada
Managing the impact on global supply chains and local businesses.
TRAINING/LEARNING AT HOME
- Eastern Ontario Training Board
Local workforce training and research.
- Ontario Learn at Home - Find supplementary resources for elementary and secondary students to practice math and literacy skills and learn at home.
HELPING INDUSTRY ADAPT
- Ontario Together
The government is welcoming help from businesses and organizations who can supply emergency products and innovative solutions to support the response to COVID-19. There is also an updated list of government protocols available for download at the bottom of this page.
- A COVID-19 business information line has been created
- Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre
A site geared towards entrepreneurs with resources and material to help with COVID-19's impact.
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business
Tips you should know to keep your business safe.
- Economic Developers Council of Ontario
Regular updates on how COVID-19 is impacting the economic development landscape in Ontario.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce
A robust microsite with tools and resources, including a pandemic guide for businesses.
- The Conference Board of Canada
Check this space often for the latest updates, data, forecasts, research on the growing spread of coronavirus, and useful tools that will help you and your organizations navigate these challenging times.
- Cornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce
Keeping local businesses engaged and informed on how the COVID-19 outbreak is impacting the bottom line for businesses in the Cornwall area.
- South Stormont Chamber of Commerce
South Stormont's link to the business community.
- South Dundas Chamber of Commerce
South Dundas's link to the business community.
- Moose Creek Chamber of Commerce
Moose Creeks link to the business community.
- Maxville and District Chamber of Commerce
Maxville's link to the business community.
- Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
Alexandria's link to the business community.
- Winchester Chamber of Commerce
Winchester's link to the business community.
- North Dundas Chamber of Commerce
North Dundas's link to the business community.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT - Economic Development
- Township of South Glengarry, Meagan Bingley - 613-347-1611, ext. 264, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Township of South Stormont, Peter Young - 613-534-8889, ext. 205, email@example.com
- Municipality of South Dundas, Rob Hunter - 613-543-2673, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Township of North Glengarry, Tara Kirkpatrick, 613-525-1313, email@example.com
- Township of North Stormont, 613-984-2908, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Township of North Dundas, Stephen Mann, 613-774-2105, ext. 244, email@example.com
- Employment Insurance and Occupational Health and Safety
Everything the Government of Canada has planned to help employees apply for and gain access to EI benefits, as well as other resources.
- Ontario Ministry of Health
Take a COVID-19 self-assessment.
- Eastern Ontario Health Unit
Updates on all the local cases, business closures and health protocols.
- The Government of Canada
More resources for employees and employers addressing COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Social Development Council of Cornwall and Area
A number of tips and resources, including how to address a reduction in income.
- Ontario Works
Government of Ontario site with details on programming.
- Job Zone d'emploi
There are certain industries with higher demand than usual during this time and are in need of a larger workforce.
- GIAG - Employment Services
Can help you complete your EI application over the phone. 613-525-1533.
- Canadian Mental Health Association
A site designed to provide resources and suggestions on how you can help cope during this difficult time.
- Cornwall Mental Health Association
A local site with more tips, hints and resources that will ease the stresses of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Cornwall Community Hospital
The Cornwall hospital has a number of mental health and addictions programs.
- Glengarry Memorial Hospital
More mental health options for residents who live in the northeast portion of the County.
- Winchester District Memorial Hospital - More mental health options for residents who live in the western portion of the County.
|Emergency Loans Program (002).pdf||103.3 KB|
|Loan Application Form PDF.pdf||191.15 KB|
|Government Announced Supports- Updated March 26.pdf||904.74 KB|