End of Half Load Restrictions – 2016
April 25, 2016
The Counties, Ontario – Half Load restrictions will be lifted across SDG and in the City of Cornwall on Monday, April 25th, 2016. Once the load restrictions are lifted, haulers will be permitted to carry full loads in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act.
- In 2016, the half loads season started on March 7th
- 2015, the half load season started on March 18th and ended on May 15th
- There are 981 km of County Roads
- October 2016 will mark the 100th Anniversary of the County Road Network
“Each municipality in Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry recognizes the challenges associated with the half loads season. However, this is a leading practice across the province that is undertaken to ensure the protection of our infrastructure,”
- Benjamin de Haan, Director of Transportation and Planning Services, SDG Counties.
Transportation and Planning, United Counties of SDG, 613-932-1515 x208
|2016 PSA Half-Load End.pdf||81.5 KB|