If you would like to speak at a Council or Committee of the Whole Meeting please review the following:
Individuals have several options for communicating with Council including:
- Submitting a letter to Council to be circulated to all members of Council. Individuals may submit written communication for inclusion in the Council Agenda and must be received by the Director of Council Services/Clerk no later than 10 days prior to the meeting of Council.
- Contacting and speaking with their councillor directly.
- Requesting to make a presentation to Council. A request to make a presentation to Council must be in a formal letter and be received by the Clerk no later than 10 days prior to the meeting of Council. All information to be presented must be included with the letter of request. ALL PRESENTATIONS TO COUNCIL ARE LIMITED TO 15 MINUTES.
The CAO and Director of Council Services/Clerk are given the authority to refuse delegations under the following circumstances:
- The request is not submitted within the stated time limits.
- The subject matter is deemed to be beyond the jurisdiction of Council.
- The issue is specific to a matter held in Closed Session.
- Requests/issues where there is not a perceived benefit for the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry.
Correspondence and requests to present should be submitted to:
Director of Council Services/Clerk
United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
26 Pitt Street, Cornwall, Ontario K6J 3P2