Guidelines for Tourism Information Signs (TIS)
Are you a tourism business or attraction in Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry and would like to take advantage of the tourism information signs (TIS) along SDG County Roads?
These recognizable blue signs on SDG County roads make it easier for tourists to find local attractions and services. They help travellers feel welcome, safe and comfortable.
The SDG TIS program:
- Places signs on SDG County roads for motorists to find tourist attractions, operations and services
- Increases awareness of SDG tourism attractions, operations and services in the region
- Enhances traffic control through “advanced warning of turns” signs
- Promotes and strengthens tourism in SDG across the region
- SDG staff supervise the registration delivery and maintenance of TIS
Who can apply?
TIS are for tourism-oriented businesses that provide tourism activities or services to internal/external visitors.
The types of businesses eligible for the program include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Cultural attractions
- Golf courses
- Tourism-Designated Locations
- Regional/Local Travel Information Centres
- Conservation areas
- Natural sites and trails
- Historical sites
- Water theme parks
- Zoos and animal displays
- Public Beaches
- Rural Downtowns
Cost of Signage
The cost of TIS includes manufacturing, installation, maintenance and administrative costs. Costs are the sole responsibility of the owner and must be paid in full upon the signing of the agreement. Each agreement is valid for a period of four years.
- Large Regional Sign: $350.00* (per four year term)
- Small Regional Sign: $225.00* (per four year term)
* Fees subject to review
- Applications are available online on the County website;
- Once the application is completed, it must be emailed to email@example.com for approval (note: please allow 15 business days for approval);
- SDG Regional Tourism examines the application in collaboration with the SDG Transportation and Planning Services Department;
- SDG Regional Tourism will notify the applicant of the decision and if approved the applicant will be required to pay the applicable fee by credit card;
- Once payment has been received, SDG Regional Tourism oversees the production and installation of the signs in collaboration with the SDG Transportation and Planning Services Department;
- New signs shall be installed twice per year, in the spring and fall, unless otherwise stipulated. Signs that have been accidentally damaged are repaired year-round, depending on the availability of SDG Transportation and Planning Services Department personnel.
Ready to apply? Complete the online form.
|FINAL_Tourism Signage Policy.pdf||160.81 KB|